Researchers expect that data can be transferred between systems, to reduce the overhead of transcription and to ensure consistency and quality. With E-WorkBook Integrations, IDBS provides frameworks to seamlessly connect the data management platform with your research systems, leveraging feature-rich APIs and extension points to facilitate integration to instruments and third-party data systems.
In a modern R&D environment, researchers expect to be able to integrate existing software tools, and components, to facilitate the transfer of information and reduce re-entry of data. E-WorkBook Integrations provides both out-of-the box products for common third-party applications, as well as custom development capability for bespoke projects. In addition, The E-WorkBook platform provides a feature-rich set of public RESTful application interfaces to facilitate communication and control.
The E-WorkBook Integrations team have a wealth of experience, and have worked with numerous customers, vendors and partners to ensure key integrations can be supported.
The following integrations packages are available, to help deployments rapidly achieve value:
- SCIEX Analyst™: The integration component enables seamless transfer of data between SCIEX Analyst™ and E-WorkBook. Scientists will be able to transfer run lists to Analyst™ and extract data for processing and reporting in E-WorkBook, reducing transcription overheads and improving compliance.
- Chromatography Data Systems (CDS): Integration to Waters Empower® and Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromeleon™ allows users to upload injection sequences and method sets for execution, and retrieve peak table results, from which further data analysis and charting can be performed.
- Scientific Data Management System (SDMS): Integration to Waters NuGenesis® allows researchers to directly access and store supporting documents generated by instruments and collaborators for easy reference.
- Laboratory instruments: Instrument Reader functionality provides integration between E-WorkBook and common laboratory equipment such as digital balances, pH meters, pipettes and calipers. This allows researchers to easily capture measurements directly into experiments, without the need for manual transcription.
- Label printing: Labels and barcodes are widely used in scientific environments to track samples. E-WorkBook Advance supports Bartender™ technology and E-WorkBook Inventory supports Zebra™ (and Bartender™ technology for cloud customers), allowing end users to easily create labels from within the applications.
- Catalog Populator: E-WorkBook provides catalog dictionaries and terms to enforce the usage of standardized terminology, ensuring consistency of data input with picklists, entities, and vocabularies. The E-WorkBook Catalog Populator tool can be leveraged to synchronize the E-WorkBook catalog with a third-party system, to ensure the latest terms and ontologies are available to users and to ensure a continuous source of truth.
- Database Polling Application: The Database Polling Application is a tool to synchronize the E-WorkBook hierarchy of projects with an external database e.g. Thermo Fisher Watson LIMS™ for bioanalytical studies, to ensure that the data structure between the two environments is synchronized.