For key changes since the last version, please refer to the end of the policy.
IDBS Group including any of its wholly owned Subsidiaries (together “IDBS”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Access to most of our websites do not require you to provide us with any personal information, but sometimes we do need such information to provide the products or services that you request. Similar circumstances arise when you contact us via email, postal services or telephone. This policy explains the basis of data collection and use in those situations. Please read the complete policy.
You are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy by visiting IDBS websites; using our services; purchasing our products; using the facilities we provide; or in communicating with us.
Collecting your personal information
- You may give us information that personally identifies youYou may give us information about you by filling in forms on our sites or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. Personal information collected by IDBS is often limited to name, email address, country or location, and may include other information when necessary.
- We may be given your personal information by another partyWe may receive information about you from other websites that IDBS operates or when we work closely with third parties such as our business partners. We may also receive information about you from marketing and media companies that independently maintain information about you. Another person such as a work colleague may pass your business contact information to us as part of normal business.
- Our websites may collect information about you and your use of our websitesWhen you visit one of our websites we may collect your Internet Protocol address, location, the date and time of your interactions, information about your browser, Internet Service Provider and basic information about your computer and the operating system you are running. We also collect the “click stream” to, within and from our websites coupled with information relating to, for
Use of your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the requested information, products and services; and to fulfil our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you, or your organization, and IDBS
- To update you and provide support for the products and services we are providing to you
- To consider your application for employment
- To facilitate enrolling and taking part in IDBS training, webinars and other events
- To make our websites easier for you to use by reducing the amount of personal information we ask you to enter
- To improve the content of our communications and our websites
- To seek your views on our products and services
- To improve, analyse and troubleshoot our websites
- To help you quickly find software, services or information on IDBS and its products
- To alert you to new products, special offers, updated information and other new services from IDBS
- For other purposes that may be detailed on the website or communicated to you.
Location and disclosure of your information
Your information may be disclosed or transferred to locations in countries outside of the European Economic Area, including those that may have a lower standard of data protection legal requirements than your country of residence. By submitting your personal information, you agree to this transfer, storage and processing. This may arise as follows:
- Inside IDBS, your information may be stored and processed in the United Kingdom or any other country where IDBS, its subsidiaries, affiliates or agents are located
- We may transfer or disclose your information externally to IDBS where doing so is necessary to fulfil a service that you or your organization requested; for example, to its business partners, suppliers, and subcontractors
- If you visit an IDBS office or attend an IDBS event, and you request or opt into travel or accommodation organized through IDBS you are giving consent to pass the necessary personal details to the relevant hotel, venue, transport company or agent, and/or event organizer.
We may access and/or disclose any information if we believe such action is necessary: (a) under applicable law and to comply with legal process; or to respond to a request of a public or government authority; (b) to protect and defend the rights or property of IDBS, including through the enforcement of our agreements; or (c) to act in urgent circumstances or emergencies.
If IDBS or substantially all of its assets are acquired by or merged with a third party, or should we sell or buy any business or assets, we reserve the right to disclose or otherwise transfer the personal information we have collected as part of that transaction.
Our websites may contain links that you may follow to and from the websites of our partners and affiliates and others supporting the purposes above. These websites have their own privacy policies over which IDBS has no control and IDBS does not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check and ensure you agree to these policies before you disclose any personal data or complete any transaction using these websites.
- GeneralIDBS takes information security seriously. Data is handled and stored subject to policies, procedures and other information security controls to protect your personal information. Your personal information may be viewed in the process of monitoring and auditing for quality and security purposes.No security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your Information or assume liability for improper access to it.
- On-line PurchasingWhen purchasing using our websites, credit card numbers are encrypted by your web browser. The encrypted information is sent to a secure payment gateway along with your personal information necessary to complete the credit card transaction. IDBS websites may use different secure payment services and IDBS may change the provider of these services. The Terms and Conditions on the website through which you are placing your order provide further information (use the Legal link in the website footer).
- PasswordsYou are responsible for any passwords or other security tokens either given to you or chosen by you that are used to help protect access to your personal and confidential information held by IDBS.
Sensitive personal information
The credit card details you provide to us through our websites are always encrypted. The encrypted details may be retained to facilitate refunds using systems operated by IDBS that are linked to secure payment gateways. IDBS has no means to read the encrypted details except authorized individuals who can view only the last four digits of card numbers. You may provide card details by telephone to conduct a transaction, in which case your information is submitted directly for secure payment and processed to the same effect.
Should you apply for a job with IDBS you may provide us with information about yourself, including educational and employment background; job or career interest data; benefit choices; and other information by answering questions or tests. Job applications are supported and managed using third party services that are also connected to our websites.
Otherwise, we ask that you not send us or disclose any sensitive personal information (for example, social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through our websites or via other means.
Communications and email
By using IDBS websites, or providing Information to us through any means, you agree that we can communicate with you about any matter including regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues.
When using IDBS websites you only consent to receiving promotional email by opting in to email. If you are already opted in and you prefer not to receive further emails, please use the website or email opt-out features available
Communications in providing support for our products and services under our agreement with you are separate from promotional email. You can manage the communications you receive through your support account on the IDBS Support Community portal.
You may receive emails on behalf of IDBS by a limited number of third parties that use your personal information that they have independently collected. You may need to unsubscribe with the third party directly if these emails are unwanted.
See “Help” below if you have a problem with our communications with you.
Blogs and social media
If you use the blog on an IDBS website, or post to social media or forums you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for personal information you choose to submit in these forums.
We post customer testimonials on our websites which may contain information such as your name and/or your organization’s name. We will obtain your consent prior to posting the testimonial.
Cookies and other technologies
Our websites use “cookies” and other technologies, which store small amounts of information on your computer or device, to allow certain information from your web browser to be collected. Cookies are widely used on the internet and allow a website or portal to recognise a user’s device. These technologies help to make it easier for you to log on and use the site, provide feedback to us as to which parts of the website you visit, so we can assess the effectiveness of our site and provide a better user experience.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, and you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies. You may disable some of the functionality on our website if you reject cookies.
IDBS web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on our sites, to count users who have visited those pages, and to deliver co-branded services. We may include web beacons in promotional e-mail messages in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.
IDBS may also employ web beacons from third parties in order to help us compile non-personal aggregated statistics and serve advertisements on other websites. We prohibit web beacons on our sites from being used by third parties to collect or access your personal information.
For more information about cookies and how we use them, please visit our Cookies Policy.
Please contact us by email at email@example.com when
- You want to remove your personal information that is being displayed on website public pages (for example in a testimonial)
- You want to opt-out of promotional email: please include “REMOVE” in the subject line. Please read “Communications and email” above first
- You have a problem stopping promotional email. Please include an example and send it to us.
Please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org when
- You wish to see the information we hold on you
- You are unable to correct your personal information through our websites or through your contacts with IDBS
- You have questions or feedback about this policy or any changes to this policy
- You experience an issue that may be in breach of this policy.
Or, simply write to or call IDBS, see Contact Us
Changes to this policy
Key changes in this version
We have updated the section on “Communications and email” to reflect changes where you now need to consent (opt-in) to receive promotional email and simplified the language in this section. We have simplified the statement regarding children which now also has its own section. We have also improved the section on “Help” and what we do when we make “Changes to this policy”.