Researchers expect that data can be transferred between systems, to reduce the overhead of transcription and to ensure consistency and quality. With E-WorkBook Integrations, IDBS provides frameworks to seamlessly connect the data management platform with your research systems, leveraging feature-rich APIs and extension points to facilitate integration to instruments and third-party data systems.
E-WorkBook Integrations provides an extensive set of out-of-the-box integrations, alongside a clear set of integration points and APIs, enabling you to get all your systems talking together to create maximum efficiency.
The following integrations packages are available, to help deployments rapidly achieve value:
- SCIEX Analyst™: The integration component enables seamless transfer of data between SCIEX Analyst™ and E-WorkBook. Scientists will be able to transfer run lists to Analyst™ and extract data for processing and reporting in E-WorkBook, reducing transcription overheads and improving compliance.
- Chromatography Data Systems (CDS): Integration to Waters Empower® and Thermo Fisher Scientific Chromeleon™ allows users to upload injection sequences and method sets for execution, and retrieve peak table results, from which further data analysis and charting can be performed.
- Scientific Data Management System (SDMS): Integration to Waters NuGenesis® allows researchers to directly access and store supporting documents generated by instruments and collaborators for easy reference.
- Laboratory instruments: Instrument Reader functionality provides integration between E-WorkBook and common laboratory equipment such as digital balances, pH meters, pipettes and calipers. This allows researchers to easily capture measurements directly into experiments, without the need for manual transcription.
- Label printing: Labels and barcodes are widely used in scientific environments to track samples. E-WorkBook Advance supports Bartender™ technology and E-WorkBook Inventory supports Zebra™ (and Bartender™ technology for cloud customers), allowing end users to easily create labels from within the applications.
- Catalog Populator: E-WorkBook provides catalog dictionaries and terms to enforce the usage of standardized terminology, ensuring consistency of data input with picklists, entities, and vocabularies. The E-WorkBook Catalog Populator tool can be leveraged to synchronize the E-WorkBook catalog with a third-party system, to ensure the latest terms and ontologies are available to users and to ensure a continuous source of truth.
- Database Polling Application: The Database Polling Application is a tool to synchronize the E-WorkBook hierarchy of projects with an external database e.g. Thermo Fisher Watson LIMS™ for bioanalytical studies, to ensure that the data structure between the two environments is synchronized.
Reduce time to access and process data
Integrations for easy access to supporting documents and to reduce the burden of transferring and processing large quantities of data
Eliminate transcription errors
Manual re-entry of data from equipment creates errors, causing repeated work. A seamless transfer of data makes process validation simpler
A shared set of terms and ontologies between E-WorkBook and third-party systems ensure that there is a continuously updated reference for researchers
Interested in learning more? Fill out our brief form below and an IDBS representative will reach out to you for more information on E-WorkBook Integrations.